Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
Piatt County Nursing Home is proud to offer specialized care for residents with Alzheimer’s and other dementia-related disorder on our Halcyon Unit. The Halcyon Unit program is an activity-based program designed to support and enhance each residents’ individuality, dignity and self-esteem as they experience the chronic progressive dementia of Alzheimer’s Disease and other related disorders.
The Halcyon Unit Program objective is to provide a 24-hour environment that emphasizes simplicity and flexibility in all aspects of life which is achieved by:
- Providing a reassuring and safe environment that allows freedom of movement to the greatest degree possible.
- Providing a calm, quiet, home-like environment.
- Providing individualized programming and activity planning that enhances the quality of life for each resident.
- Employing a team of dedicated professionals specially trained in caring for residents with dementia.
- Offering family support, education and participation as residents progress through the disease.
The criteria to be admitted to or remain in resident on the Halcyon Unit:
- Have comprehensive pre-admission assessment by a designated interdisciplinary team.
- Have a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease or other type of dementia.
- Have the ability to participate in and/or benefit from the therapeutic caring Halcyon Program and its philosophy.
This area is to focus on Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care